Motifs and Colors on Persian Rugs02/16/2014 Back To Blog
Most people don’t understand the complicated motifs and designs on Persian rugs and just admire their beautiful colors and the marvelous fibers. In reality, motifs and colors are not picked at random; on the contrary, each and every one of them represents human situations, emotions and relationships. Persian rugs as well as most Oriental rugs depict the values and principles of the ancient civilizations and sometimes they narrate a whole story derived from their rich history.
What do colors symbolize on Persian rugs?
* The most usual motif is camels, which represent health and prosperity.
* The chicken is a representation of the protection from the bad spirits.
* Birds symbolize faith and fertility.
* If you see a diamond on your rug, it’s a symbol of the woman and two of them a couple.
* The starts are the symbols of spirituality and good luck.
* Flowers mean revival, prosperity and fertility.
* A tree is always the path from earth to heaven.
There are thousands of symbolisms on Persian rugs. Yet, these beautiful rugs must be taken care by proper ecofriendly products; otherwise, their symbols and motifs will fade away. Trusting a local carpet cleaning service in Northridge, California, is the best thing you can do to protect them. From water damage to stain removal, the professionals will make sure you will enjoy these fabulous masterpieces for a long long time.